On Friday afternoon we invite you to:
- From 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., the series WIELKOPOLSKA:REVOLUTIONS and a presentation of Joanna Warsza’s project, ROMANI MATTERS, A PROJECT WITH MAJORITY.
- From 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., FAJFY: more afternoon dancing on the Club Stage, today to music played by Żuki Rock & Roll Band.
- From 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., the discussion panel ON DEMOCRACY conducted by Jacek Żakowski. Today’s topic is Culture from the Inside.
- At 9:30 p.m., a concert by GIN GA
The four musicians from Vienna are one of the revelations of the European indie scene. The positive commotion around GinGa is as much deserved as it is surprising, since the group is neither from the UK nor France, the most important centres of the pop “alternative”, but from Austria. Whilst British inspirations do, of course, feature prominently in their music (the band is compared to LCD Soundsystem, Hot Chip, The Rapture and Franz Ferdinand), as one would expect of Mozart’s fellow countrymen, the young musicians combine a wealth of harmony and a rhythmical groove with remarkable lightness and charm.
- Directly after the concert, from 11 p.m., the SILENT DISCO
To learn more about all the Friday events please see here
And more attractions are in Store starting on SATURDAY morning:
- From 10 a.m., at Wolności Square, TAI CHI practice and environment-friendly and healthy shopping at our MARKET and BAKERY. Children will also have plenty to do whilst those who like making things are welcome to join us in the Śródka Garden to embroider a billboard together in the BIG THREAD project. And if you are at Wolności Square, we recommend our bookshop, WOLNOBUK. There is nothing better than a good book with your morning coffee or in a HAMMOCK. And a hammock is not only an excellent place for reading but also for listening, so…
– From noon to 3 p.m. you can borrow wireless headphones and listen to SILENT MALTA and the fantastic radio plays from Teatr Polskiego Radia in addition to Miejska Powieść Odcinkowa written especially for us by various authors, including Sylwia Chutnik, read by Magdalena Popławska and Andrzej Chyra. You can also listen to Anna Nowaczyk’s music sets. And you don’t have to take your headphones off if you want to look around the LADIES’ BAZAAR where you can economically, ecologically and aesthetically swap clothes, accessories, books and CDs.
- From 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., FAJFY: more afternoon dancing on the Club Stage. This time we will be dancing the tango!
- From 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., the discussion panel ON DEMOCRACY conducted by Jacek Żakowski. Together with his guests we will talk about what is caused By the Power of Art.
- From 7 p.m., in our Wilda Garden (and in Śródka Garden on Sunday) adults and children can design their dream city in the project DIGI-DIZAJN.
- At 9:30 p.m., a concert by SINKANE
This is yet another rendition of the unique musical afrofuturism tradition emerging in three great urban centres in North America: Detroit, Chicago and NYC! The initiator of the project Ahmed Gallab, performing as Mars, a Sudanese-born New Yorker and former Yeasayer member, has wittily expanded the contemporary rock formula with African polyrhythm and a soul and funky groove. The Brooklyn-based group have already been dubbed the successors of TV On The Radio. Their career is growing rapidly: from playing in NY clubs to the release of their album on the same label as CocoRosie and Jose Gonzalez, in addition to playing concerts with Yeasayer, Afghan Whigs and Caribou. And despite the Sinkane sound being a fusion of the “spicy” and the global Gallab says of his music that it sounds very urban and very New York.
- And if you would rather watch a film, shows at CINEMA ROUND THE CORNER in our gardens in Śródka and Wilda will begin at 9:30 p.m.
- And you must return to Wolności Square at 11 p.m. to dance at the SILENT DISCO.
To learn more about all the Saturday events please see here
Sunday (as Sunday should be) will be a little slower and lazier:
- From 10 a.m. we will be waiting at the Square for children and their parents whilst those who prefer a longer lie-in are welcome to join us from noon to 3 p.m. at the BIG TABLE where we will eat a meal that we will prepare together.
- Classical music aficionados are invited at 1 p.m. to a concert of Haydn and Borodin performed by the students of Poznańska Ogólnokształcąca Szkoła Muzyczna II stopnia im. M. Karłowicza.
- From 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., during the FAMILY SUNDAY and the TuliTuli workshop we will be making mascots.
- From 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. New Omen will play some party hits during FAJFY.
- From 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. you will be able to relax during WIECZORYNKA NA ŻYWO.
- From 7 p.m. there will be more DIGI-DIZAJN, this time at the Śródka Garden.
- We will end the day at 10 p.m., at the Music Stage in Wolności Square with a film recording of an excellent staging of the opera Król Roger created by Mariusz Treliński in 2007.
To learn more about all the Sunday events please see here
SEE YOU THERE!